We are a welcoming diverse spiritual community awakening to the Christ consciousness within.
Unity of Harrisburg empowers our spiritual community to transform human potential into divine expression through:
- Social action
- Congregational care
- Spiritual study
- Youth education
We believe in divine expression through love, while claiming our abundance, living personal responsibility, and appreciating our oneness and uniqueness.
Are you looking for...
... a place to help you gain a deeper understanding of your spiritual nature?
... a church that explores the metaphysical wonders behind all of God's creation?
... a church that believes God is user-friendly?
... a church whose philosophy is one of life, love and happiness?
Unity Church is a culturally diverse spiritual community, dedicated to transforming lives by making the teachings of Jesus Christ relevant to everyday life. At Unity the distance from here to God is not far, because we believe God is within each one of us, and it is that aspect that we honor and nurture. Unity is a place where spirituality is more important than religion, where following your heart is more meaningful than following creeds. Prayer, meditation, love and individual responsibility are emphasized as the way to express spiritual maturity within each individual as well as within the community.
We encourage you to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation. The five basic ideas that make up the Unity belief system are:
- There is only one Presence and one Power active as the Universe and as my life, God the Good.
- Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence was fully expressed in Jesus, the Christ.
- We are co-creators with God, creating reality through thoughts held in mind.
- Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.
- Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.