Ongoing Discussion Groups
Metaphysics of the Bible
This group meets each Sunday morning from 9:00 to 9:45 in Fellowship Hall. The group determines the study lessons. There is no need to sign up.
The Heart Field
This discussion group, which focuses on heart meditation and the practical application of the feminine spiritual principles of the heart field in expanding our consciousness and inner connection with spirit, is open to all women of Unity. The group grew out of a book study of The Heart Field by Rev. Dr. Christine Bair. The group meets the first Wednesday of each month, from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. in Fellowship Hall (the group will meet in the first floor conference room on February 7). Dr. Bair facilitates the group.
Book Study Groups
Contact the office for more information or to sign up.
January 24 – February 28, 2018
Weekly group discussions of the daily guides of Rev. Dr. Christian Sorensen published in the November issue of Science of Mind magazine. Beginning January 24 and continuing for six Wednesday mornings until February 28, the group meets from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. A copy of the magazine is available for you if you do not have your own copy.
January 21 – February 11, 2018
New Member Class – This class is for those who wish to become members of Unity of Harrisburg as well as those who wish to know more about Unity’s history and philosophy. There is no obligation to become a member after taking the class, and those who are already members may also attend.
The class meets Sunday from 11:45 to 1:15 in the sanctuary.
In addition to Unity background, the class will discuss Florence Scovel Shinn’s book, The Game of Life and How to Play It.
Detailed schedule is as follows:
- Class I – January 21, 2018--History of New Thought and Unity; Chapters: The Game, The Law of Prosperity, The Power of the Word
- Class II – January 28, 2018--Our Beliefs and the 5 Principles; Chapters: The Law of Non-resistance, The Law of Karma and Forgiveness, Casting the Burden
- Class III – February 04, 2018--Prayer/Meditation and Healing; Chapters: Love, Intuition or Guidance, Perfect Self-expression
- Class IV – February 11, 2018--Prosperity and Abundance; Chapters: Denials and Affirmations
March 11 – May 8, 2018
Deeper and Higher
This book study will meet for nine weeks and will focus on the book, Becoming Supernatural by Dr. Joe Dispenza.
The week’s topic will be introduced at the Sunday Celebration Service, beginning on March 11.
The Following Tuesday, there will be two classes which will delve more deeply into the week’s topic.
The classes will be held at 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. Detailed schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, March 13: Chapter 1: Opening the door to the Supernatural; Chapter 2: The Present Moment
- Tuesday, March 20: Chapter 3: Tuning into the New Potentials in the Quantum; Chapter 4: Blessings of the Energy Centers
- Tuesday, March 27: Another Look at the Trial and Cross
- Tuesday, April 3: Another Look at the Easter Story
- Tuesday, April 10: Chapter 5: Reconditioning the Body to a New Mind; Chapter 6: Case Studies: Living Examples of Truth
- Tuesday, April 17: Chapter 7: Heart Intelligence; Chapter 8: Mind Movies/Kaleidoscope
- Tuesday, April 24: Chapter 9: Walking Meditation; Chapter 10: Case Studies: Making it Real
- Tuesday, May 1: Chapter 11: Space –Time and Time – Space; Chapter 12: Pineal Gland
- Tuesday, May 8: Chapter 13: Project Coherence: Making a Better World; Chapter 14: Case Studies: It Could Happen to You
February 24, 2018, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Presented by Infinite Mind-Body Organization
March 17, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.