Ongoing Discussion Groups
Metaphysics of the Bible
This group meets each Sunday morning from 9:00 to 9:45 in Fellowship Hall. The group determines the study lessons. There is no need to sign up.
Contact the office for more information or to sign up.
September 4 - November 27, 2018 - Deeper and Higher, a study of Scientific Christian Mental Practice by Emma Curtis Hopkins.
This book study will meet for ten weeks and will focus on the book, Scientific Christian Mental Practice by Emma Curtis Hopkins.
The week’s topic will be introduced at the Sunday Celebration Service, beginning on September 2.
The Following Tuesday, there will be a class which will delve more deeply into the week’s topic.
The class will be held from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. in Fellowship Hall and is offered on a love offering basis.
Detailed schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, September 4: Chapter 1 - The Statement of Being
- Tuesday, September 11: Chapter 2 - Denials of Science
- Tuesday, September 18: Chapter 3 - Affirmations of Science
- Tuesday, September 25: BREAK
- Tuesday, October 2: Chapter 4 - Foundation of Faith
- Tuesday, October 9: Chapter 5 - The Word of Faith
- Tuesday, October 16: Chapter 6 - The Secret of the Lord
- Tuesday, October 23: Chapter 7 - The Spring of Life
- Tuesday, October 30: Chapter 8 - Rending the Veil
- Tuesday, November 6: Chapters 9 - Righteous Judgment
- Tuesday, November 13: Chapters 10 - Fearlessness
- Tuesday, November 20: Chapters 11 - The Way of Wisdom
- Tuesday, November 27: Chapters 12 - The Crown of Glory
February 27 - April 17, 2019 - Lazarus Blueprint Class
Wednesdays mornings, 10:00 – 11:30 AM, Fellowship Hall
This eight-week class will be facilitated by the Reverend Julie Vance and is offered on a love offering basis.
The art world often uses X-rays and infrared techniques to verify a painting’s authenticity. Sometimes, quite unexpectedly, another painting – a hidden masterpiece – is discovered underneath.
A hidden masterpiece lies beneath the well-known Biblical story of Lazarus – a 6 step blueprint for overcoming and/or healing a challenging situation in our lives or making a life change.
If you are willing to view a situation in your life from a new perspective and faithfully apply the 6 steps of the Lazarus blueprint, please join Rev. Julie for this powerful experience, offered during the Lenten season – a time to release what no longer serves us and to move forward to a new beginning.
Book: The Lazarus Blueprint: Ancient Secrets for Healing and Inner Peace, by Mary Alice and Richard Jafolla, authors of The Quest
*Books available in the Unity bookstore.